Gather around and take your pick; we have the best collection of treehouse hotels in the USA!
My boyfriend and I have been traveling the USA for a while, looking for the perfect treehouse hotels. During our adventure, we found amazing rentals stretching from the Pacific Ocean to the East Coast.
We did a lot of online research, consulting friends and locals and creating a list of truly incredible treehouse hotels in the U.S. These treehouses range from simple forest canopy cottages to luxury stays with breathtaking views. We’ve stayed at some incredible treehouses surrounded by towering trees, hiking trails, river rafting, and organic gardens, offering great amenities like hot tubs, private decks, views, outdoor showers, and high-end accommodations.
Trust us; these treehouses are incredible and far away from the noise and stress of everyday life, yet they provide great adventure and comfort suitable for couples and families.
This article aims to help you save time and money in finding your treehouse utopia. That’s why we share our experience and provide information on the treehouse views, location, amenities, host interaction, and overall experiance.
We carefully picked only the top seven tree houses for this article so we know they are the best.
Let’s find your perfect treehouse hotel right away!
Looking for an unforgettable escape? From treehouse rentals in North Carolina, to treehouse Airbnb stays in Mississippi, and rustic treehouse stays in Oregon. We’ve got it all covered in our detailed guides!
The Cottage Treehouses – The Best Missouri Treehouse Cabins for Couples
Source: Booking.com, The Cottage Treehouses, Missouri treehouse cabins
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sunset treehouse, which was an incredibly relaxing and fun experience. The space was clean and comfortable and had everything we wanted, including a private deck, luxury linens, air conditioning, WiFi, and a comfortable bathroom with a shower.
The hosts are incredibly friendly and responsive. We loved the fresh breakfast and massage chair in the community area. The treehouse cabins have plenty of privacy and are in a great hidden forest. We enjoyed bird-watching. Herman, Missouri, was great, and we loved visiting the Grand Bluffs Conservation Area and Katy Trail.
These simple and secluded treehouse cottages are a perfect getaway for nature lovers. Here are three reasons you’ll love staying here:
- Amenities: The treehouse cabins offer privacy and are surrounded by lush trees and peaceful views. The furniture is clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is delicious.
- Nearby attractions: It’s easy to get lost in the rolling hills of Missouri, and the area offers great outdoor activities like hiking trails, horseback riding, bird watching, biking, and river rafting.
- The host: Keely is a kind and friendly host who accommodates everyone and quickly responds to all questions. She helped us find some nearby activities and restaurants.
Being one of the best treehouses we visited, it’s hard to find fault with this treehouse hotel. They even have handicap-accessible cottages for those who can’t climb the ladder to the second-floor sleeping area. My complaint would be the small bathroom, which can use some upgrading.
- Enjoy your morning coffee to the sound of the trees and birds off the private deck.
- Enjoy a freshly made breakfast by the hosts.
- Explore the nearby hiking trails.
- Relax with a good book next to the oversized windows.
- Explore water activities on the Missouri river.
- The bathroom is small but typical for a treehouse.
The Forestree Treehouse at Out’n’About Treehouse Treesort, Cave Junction – The Best Family Treehouse Getaway
Source: Airbnb.com, The Forestree Treehouse at Out’n’about treehouse treesort
We loved the Out’n’about treehouse treesort for the natural and glamping experience. It made us feel one with nature, yet we had all the basic comforts we needed. The Forestree treehouse sleeps up to five people and has a large queen bed and bunk beds. The room has a toilet and sinks for use at night, but there is a full bathroom on the ground floor. We loved the camping feel, suspension bridges, and forest surroundings.
The treehouse hotel provides great picnic tables, a fire pit, a volleyball area, and a fun rock-bottom swimming pool. We were only five minutes from Cave Junction and loved exploring the Redwood National Forest. We loved all the outdoor activities and did a lot of hiking, fishing, river rafting, and horseback riding. There was even a fun zipline. The provided breakfast was a perfect way to start our day.
We loved a lot of things about this treehouse. Here are the top three reasons why you’ll want to visit:
- Family glamping: This simple treehouse stay offers a way to return to nature and spend time on the forest floor exploring, hiking, eating outside, and swimming.
- Nearby activities: This Cave Junction location is perfect for fishing, swimming, rafting, hiking, and exploring the Redwood forest.
- Shared amenities: The treehouse cottages are interconnected with suspension bridges and a large common area with a fire pit, picnic tables, a rock-bottom swimming pool, and an area to play sports. It feels like a camp.
We enjoyed a lot of things at Out’n’About Treehouse Treesort, so finding fault with the property is difficult. We would have preferred more privacy because it is an open area.
- Enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast to the sound of the birds and the trees.
- Have a fun picnic at the picnic tables.
- Cool off in the communal swimming pool.
- Roast marshmallows in the fire pit.
- Explore the Redwood National forest.
- The interior is one large open space and lacks some privacy.
The Manor Treehouse near Mohicans Treehouse Resort in Ohio – The Best Group Treehouse Surrounded by Natural Beauty
Source: Airbnb.com, The Manor Treehouse near Mohicans Treehouse Resorts, Amish country
We loved staying with friends at The Manor, about three miles from the Mohicans treehouse resort and located on 45 acres of private property. The Manor sleeps up to eight people and is cozy and comfortable. The first floor has a spacious sitting room with a stone fireplace, a large dining room, and a fully equipped kitchen. On the second floor are three bedrooms, a master, and two guest rooms, two with a king-size bed and a third with two king beds. There are private bathrooms on each floor with a steam shower.
We loved all the comforts of home here, including WiFi, air conditioning, a private deck, and a spacious lawn with a fire pit. This rental was the perfect tree house for exploring the nearby attractions, including Mohican Reservation Campgrounds and Canoeing, Mohican State Park, Mohican Wilderness Park, and Amish country.
So if you are looking for a getaway for a group of friends or a large family, this treehouse is ideal for up to eight people. Here are reasons you’ll love staying here:
- Space and comfort: This is one of the largest tree houses available with two stories where each bedroom has a comfortable king-sized bed and great amenities like a fully equipped kitchen, spacious yard, and private bathrooms.
- Nearby attractions: We loved being on the river and exploring the forest floor at the Mohican Reservation Campgrounds and Canoeing, Mohican State Park, and Mohican Wilderness Park.
- The value: The value for the money is great at this property, especially for 6 to 8 people staying. The hosts provide all the comforts needed for a great price.
Our group loved this luxury treehouse experience. The location was amazing, but we were missing a washer and dryer. With a large group, our laundry quickly piled up.
- Enjoy the night skies from the private deck.
- Light up the BBQ for some fun yard grilling.
- Gather around the fire pit for drinks and hot dogs.
- Explore the nearby cooing and trails.
- Enjoy some quiet time around the large stone fireplace.
- The rental doesn’t have a washer and dryer, which inconveniences such a large group of people.
The Tall Persimmon Treehouse at Rivers Edge Treehouse Resort – The Great Smokey Mountains Retreat for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com, The Tall Persimmon Treehouse at Rivers Edge Treehouse Resort
My boyfriend and I loved the Rivers Edge Treehouse Resort, comprised of six tree houses, all with great amenities like outdoor decks, river, and forest views, spacious bedrooms with cozy comforters, air conditioning, WiFi, BBQ grills, and a communal fire pit. The tree houses are in an incredible location on the Cheoah River near Lake Santeetlah.
We loved staying in the Tall Persimmon tree house, and I spent much time relaxing in the hammock next to the water. We visited many Great Smokey Mountains Region national parks, including the Cherokee National Forrest, the Nantahala River, Nantahala National Forest, and the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. We even visited Bryson City, which had incredible restaurants and bars.
This treehouse is your place if you want a comfortable stay with outdoor activities and nearby attractions. Here are the reasons you’ll want to book right now:
- Outdoor activities: It’s easy to have fun right on the property by lighting up the grill, gathering around the fire pit, relaxing by the river, or even swimming.
- Location: The Smokey Mountains area is a perfect place to go hiking, bird watching, river rafting, fishing, and exploring the beautiful native plants in the lush forests.
- Amenities: The tree house has all the modern comforts, including air conditioning, WiFi, a private outdoor deck, a bathroom, and a comfortable bed.
We were very fond of our time at this great treehouse hotel. There are so many comforts it’s hard to find a flaw. But we missed having a kitchen to prepare some of our meals.
- Lounge in the Adirondack chairs and enjoy watching the river.
- Roast hot dogs and marshmallows at the fire pit.
- Check out Bryson City for excellent restaurants.
- Go hiking in the Great Smokey Mountains.
- This rental doesn’t have a kitchen.
The Jackson Hole Hideout Treehouse hotel – The Best Large Group Getaway Near Yellowstone
Source: Airbnb.com, The Jackson Hole Hideout Treehouse hotel
The Jackson Hole Hideout was our pick for a family reunion weekend. The luxurious and comfortable tree house sleeps up to 12 people and sits on 4 acres in Wilson, near Yellowstone. We loved our spacious bedroom with a king bed, but with five bedrooms, there are plenty of options. The hosts were incredible and served us freshly made breakfast each morning with eggs, baked goods, fresh fruit, and juice. We loved it!
The outdoor seating areas are great for meals and enjoying the surroundings. I loved the porch swing, where I spent a lot of time reading. We loved being close to Wilson, where we found amazing restaurants and bars for the whole family.
Those searching for a secluded treehouse hotel for a large group will love the Jackson Hole Hideout. Here are three reasons why we consider it one of the best treehouse hotels in the U.S. :
- Close to town: Being so close to Wilson made it easy to go out with the family, have great meals, visit bars, and do some grocery shopping to stock up for the tree house.
- Amenities: The treehouse has a spacious but cozy living area, five bedrooms, a large dining area, and great oversized windows, giving a lot of natural light.
- Outdoor activities: Nature lovers can choose from fishing, hiking, kayaking, and bird watching near the tree house. There are incredible national parks to visit nearby.
My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at the Jackson Hole Hideout Treehouse hotel with our family. However, we visited in the summer and missed having air conditioning. The nights in the treehouse became humid.
- Prepare a group meal in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Light up the BBQ for spacious outdoor dining.
- Take a fishing trip nearby.
- Enjoy the fresh breakfast provided by the hosts.
- The rental doesn’t have air conditioning.
The Tree House at Post Ranch Inn – The Luxury Treehouse Hotel on the Pacific Ocean
Source: postranchinn.com, The Tree House at Post Ranch Inn
We had a truly luxurious experience at the Tree House at Post Ranch Inn in California on our way back from Eureka Springs. The freestanding elevated treehouse has amazing forest views and is secluded and peaceful. The amenities are unparallel with luxury linens, a king-size bed, a fireplace, a walk-in shower, and skylights over the bed. There is also a private deck.
The Post Ranch Inn resort was so much fun, and we took full advantage of the food, including breakfast and farm-to-table restaurant Sierra Mar, with a full bar and world-class wine cellar. My favorite part was the organized activities, including yoga, the guided nature walk, and the edible garden tour. The infinity pool and Pacific Ocean views were breathtaking.
This place was the most luxurious treehouse stay on our list. It’s perfect for couples looking for romance and pampering. Here are the reasons this is a can-miss destination for you:
- Resort amenities: Post Ranch Inn provides spa options, multiple swimming pools, yoga, organized walking trips, and incredible food.
- Tree House accommodation: The Tree House is beautifully furnished with luxury linens, a king-size bed, and a walk-in shower. There is also a private balcony with a forest view.
- Dining and view: Sierra Mar is an oceanfront dining experience and a farm-to-table restaurant.
It’s very hard to find fault with such an amazing resort on the oceanfront. However, considering the price, we preferred a soaking bathtub or hot tub in our tree house. It was missing some amenities.
- Enjoy some peace in the infinity pool.
- Read a book on the guise desk surrounded by the forest.
- Take a garden tour or do some morning yoga with an instructor.
- Have a romantic dinner right on the Pacific Ocean.
- We preferred a soaking bathtub or hot tub in the tree house instead of just a shower.
The Tree Top Cedar Chest Treehouse at River of Life Farm Treehouse Cabins – The Best Couples Nature Adventure With Luxury Amenities
Source: Riveroflifefarm.com, The Tree Top Cedar Chest Treehouse rentals
My boyfriend and I loved this adventure-filled stay at the Life Farm Treehouse Cabins. The Tree Top, Cedar Chest Treehouse point, had all the amenities we sought, including a queen bed, a covered deck, oversized whirlpool tubs for two, a full kitchen, air conditioning, and a charcoal BBQ.
The location was the incredible amount of the Ozark mountains and the North Fork River. We loved exploring the Mark Twain National forest floor and tried great activities like trout fishing, canoeing, star gazing, bird watching, and wildlife observation. I enjoyed the float trip on the incredible North Fork River.
So if you’re looking for a comfortable treehouse with authentic outdoor forest activities and the charm of Missouri, the Life Farm is the right pick for you. Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Location: The treehouse hotel is near the Mark Twain National Forest, North Fork River, and Ozark mountains.
- Outdoor activities: It’s easy to go kayaking, canoeing, fishing, hiking, and star gazing near tree houses.
- Amenities: The tree house has a two-person jetted soaking tub, a fully equipped kitchen, a covered deck with a BBQ, and a comfortable queen bed.
This treehouse was a true adventure for my boyfriend and me, and we loved all the accommodations. However, this is quite a large resort with many tree houses. Though the lush forest trees provide privacy, it is not a secluded treehouse point.
- Go kayaking or canoeing right off the property.
- Light up the grill on your covered private deck.
- Relax in the oversized whirlpool tub with your partner.
- Go hiking and bird watching in the Mark Twain National forest.
- The resort can get busy depending on how many visitors are in the camp.
Wrapping up: The best treehouse hotels in the U.S.
Top treehouse vacations in America present some of the most unique and alluring getaways. If you’re looking to escape the urban hustle, the best treehouse accommodations in the US are waiting for you. These picks include the best treehouse resorts USA that suit all tastes.
Luxury treehouse rentals USA were carefully selected by us, ensuring that these sites offer only the top-of-the-line accommodations, locations, and hosts. These hosts go beyond the norm to deliver the top rated treehouse hotels USA experiences.
After spending substantial time exploring various unique treehouse stays in the US, all you need to do is read our treehouse hotel reviews USA and book your favorite from these american treehouse holiday destinations.
Be aware: these USA treehouse lodging options and treehouse adventure vacations in the US are so appealing, you’ll want to explore all the treehouse hotels in the US across the nation! Whether it’s sustainable treehouse accommodations USA, best family treehouse holidays in the USA, or romantic treehouse stays in the US, our treehouse travel guide USA has you covered. Enjoy your next USA treehouse tourism adventure!
Treehouse Vacations USA
|Key Features & Amenities
|The Cottage Treehouses
|Luxury linens, WiFi, private deck, breakfast, handicap-accessible cottages, massage chair
|Breakfast, privacy, clean, outdoor activities
|The Forestree Treehouse at Out’n’About Treehouse Treesort
|Cave Junction, Oregon
|Sleeps up to 5, toilets, sinks, full bathroom, picnic tables, fire pit, pool
|Outdoor activities, breakfast, interconnected treehouses
|Lack of privacy
|The Manor Treehouse near Mohicans Treehouse Resort
|Sleeps 8, fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, private bathrooms, steam shower, yard
|Space, comfort, value for money, outdoor activities
|No washer and dryer
|The Tall Persimmon Treehouse at Rivers Edge Treehouse Resort
|Robbinsville, North Carolina
|River view, BBQ grills, hammock, communal fire pit
|Outdoor activities, great location, modern comforts
|The Jackson Hole Hideout Treehouse hotel
|Sleeps 12, fully equipped kitchen, porch swing, BBQ, breakfast
|Group activities, outdoor dining, nearby attractions
|No air conditioning
|The Tree House at Post Ranch Inn
|Luxury linens, king-size bed, fireplace, walk-in shower, private deck, resort amenities
|Spa options, dining, ocean views, infinity pool, organized activities
|No soaking bathtub or hot tub
|The Tree Top Cedar Chest Treehouse at River of Life Farm
|Location not specified
|Couples, Nature Adventure
|Specific details not provided in the text
|Not specified in the text
|Not specified in the text
8 Magical Treehouse Hotels in the US
What modern amenities do U.S. treehouse hotels offer?
U.S. treehouse hotels offer many amenities, from simple glamping treehouses to luxury stays. Most luxury treehouses offer hot tubs, swimming pools, private decks and balconies, a wood or gas fireplace, a wood stove, an outdoor shower to cool off, fire pits, impeccable views, and more. Glamping treehouses offer natural beauty in secluded areas with rustic amenities and outdoor adventure options.
What are the best U.S. treehouse rentals for large groups?
The Jackson Hole Hideout Treehouse hotel sleeps up to 12 guests. In comparison, the Manor Treehouse near Mohicans Treehouse Resort in Ohio sleeps up to 8 guests. Both treehouses offer amazing comforts and amenities to make you feel at home, including a fully equipped kitchen, private bathrooms, and large outdoor areas. Both tree house properties include the rental of the entire space and provide complete privacy.
What is the original treehouse cottage in the U.S. best for couples?
The Cottage Treehouses at Missouri Treehouse Cabins in a hidden forest location is a great couples’ getaway for a simple and relaxing time. The Herman, Missouri, location was great, and we loved visiting the Grand Bluffs Conservation Area and Katy Trail – McKittrick Trailhead for some great exploring and hiking. The freshly made breakfast by the hosts is an amazing way to start the day.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian